WIDHH wants Deaf and Hard of Hearing job seekers to join our Opportunities Fund Program starting January 2, 2018 until June 29, 2018.
Work with a Case Manager to develop employment skills in order to gain valuable work experience potentially leading to full-time employment.
You will receive funds for living expenses, transportation, sign language interpreting, training, disability supports, and hearing aids.
Who is Eligible?
- Be a Deaf or Hard of Hearing person
- Be Unemployed or Underemployed
- Be Eligible to Work in Canada
- Not have received EI within the last three years
- Reside within the Lower Mainland
What is Wage Subsidy?
- Wage subsidy mean 10 Deaf and Hard of Hearing job seekers, with approval, can receive funds for job start (wage subsidy)
For More Information Please Contact:
Marco Chiaramonte, B.Sc., CCDP
Employment Counsellor - Team Lead
This project is funded by the Government of Canada's Opportunities Fund for Persosn with Disabilities.